This is the kind of dessert that is perfect to take with you to a friends place. In Lebanese households whenever formal visits are made, the person invited always brings something along – most of the time it is dessert – because nobody can object to dessert!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 15-20 (3 inch diameter pancakes)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Crushed Pistachios
- 1/2 recipe of Ashta
- Simple Syrup (for drizzling before serving)
- Combine all ingredients together in a bowl. Start with the dry ingredients, then add the wet and whisk together.
- Heat skilled or griddle and pour batter in 20 cm circles and allow to cook until the top bubbles and dries (~2-3 minutes)
- Remove from heat and allow to cool bubble side up before stacking.
- Fill Qatayef with ashta by scooping a spoonful onto one side and pinching the opposite side shut halfway OR pinch one side of the atayif closed halfway and then fill cavity with ashta.
- Roll Kashta side into crushed pistachios and arrange onto a plate and serve with atyr (simple syrup)